Followers

Wednesday 20 June 2012

William

Hi everyone, it's Team A's turn this week at Midweek Magnolias, and this week we want to see anything other than a card. I can tell you this is so out of my comfort zone. I don't really do things that aren't cards.


So, I thought I'd make a pennant door sign for my son's bedroom. We live in an old house and we had the doors dipped and waxed and the flash has exposed little bits of paint in the cracks that we've missed. I used a xcut pennant die to cut out the kraft cordinations card, and I've sanded it down to give it an aged look. Edwin With Aeroplane has been coloured with distress inks and I've used the out of the box technique with my nesties. I've used button twine from the ribbon girl to hang it. The letters have been cut out using my Tim Holtz die. For some reason I started gluing before I placed everything down and I thought the second 'L' was just past the middle, so the wording was a bit lopsided, so I decided to attach a charm.


Pop over to Midweek Magnolias and have a look at the amazing inspiration the DT have over there.






12 comments:

  1. You'd never guess this was out of your comfort zone hun - fabulous work, and lucky William! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really have rocked the challenge Becky I did the same when I saw the themes but then noticed that it was "Team A" a big sigh of relief"!!! lol I bet your Son adores his hanger its fab! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Becky love the design and the image is beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pennant, perfect for a wee boy. Great work hon even if it was out of your comfort zone! you rocked it.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, Becky. I love this little Edwin and you've colored him beautifully. Perfect for a boy as they don't typically like the frilly stuff. Awesome pennant!
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooooooooooooooooo perfect Becky! I adore your coloring and that little wee hat charm is the most wonderful touch! A great flag indeed! I think I need this stamp now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the cute image. :)
    Great colors.

    Hugs, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a fabulous creation , love this edwin too.
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky
    I bet William is over the moon with his door sign, only problem I can see is that you will have to now make one for your daughter (if she hasn't already got one ) lol. As for you being out of your comfort zone, I can see no evidence of it on this lovely project.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous lovely, he is coloured beautifully!
    Love,melly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pennant looks gorgeous, Becky! I bet your son loves it! Love your amazing coloring and the aged look! Wishing you a lovely weekend! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete