Followers

Thursday 3 May 2012

You Make Me Happy

Happy Thursday everyone, time for my third GDT card for Lili's Little Fairies. I'm actually writing this on Tuesday, and hoping that is posts on Thursday, if I don't do things this way round I know that I will forget to post on my blog, lol. I'm struggling to get rid of a tummy bug that my little darlings gave me, so I'll be having a little nap soon. Luckily they're over it and they're at school, so I must set my alarm so I don't forget to pick them up.

Here's my card for the 'Anything Goes' challenge.


A slightly unusual colour scheme for me, but I'm really pleased with it. Hubby was looking through my stamps and asked if I could do this one and colour the bike in red, he actually sat and watched me do it too, I did feel rather self conscious. I used chalk again for the sky, and stamped the sentiment on some of the scrap that I had after I'd cut the image out.


I've coloured Ride With Me in with distress inks, I've added glossy accents to the lights on the bike and to her skirt frills I've added some glamour dust, I can't have a card with no sparkle, lol. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, I knew I had red ones but they were too red and didn't go with the paper :( The paper is from Maja design and I've distressed the edges with Walnut Stain, and used a doohickey border die and my trusty nesties.



Pop over to Lili's Little Fairies and have a go. I've mentioned a few times that when I'm sat colouring in in the kitchen my daughter joins me, well I took a picture a few weeks ago and I've just found it on my phone, so I thought I'd share it.


I'm off for a nap to see if I can shake this blooming bug.
Hugs,

14 comments:

  1. another beautiful card and your daughter is so cute sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Becky! Red is a colour that I don't use much at all but this is just beautiful. Makes me want to make a red card! The cream flowers really set if off nicely. Love it! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Becky!
    Hugs Nicolet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and I love the colours in the papers you have used.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky, this is fab. Love the colours and the papers.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow hun, this is so totally gorgeous - love the colours, and your colourwork is amazing! Hugs Sxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky
    love your card, I don't very often use red on my cards BUT I may now after seeing your lovely card.
    I hope your tummy bug has cleared up, the joys of children they always give you things you DON"T want, we looked after 4 of our grandkids a few weeks ago & they gave us both a horrid throat infection, mine is still hanging around.
    Love the photo of your little girl (a crafter in the making).
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Becky, I love your colouring. I hope you're feeling better soon.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning hun gorgeous card sweetie love the image & papers.
    Hope you are feeling btter soon hun & love the piccy of your daughter colouring.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoi Becky
    I love this card great colours en lovely stamp
    Hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Becky,
    Stunning card,those gorgeous papers are perfect for your beautifully coloured image,i really need to get me these new images they are so sweet!
    Hope you feel better soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb card, so lovely characters !
    The photo of your girl is so cute.
    Hope you will feel better soon !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this colour theme! The papers are beautiful and your colouring is just stunning! Really love your work. Isn't it a joy to craft with a little one - my daughter loves to make a crafty mess with me! Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete