Followers

Saturday 12 May 2012

Springtime

Hello everyone, for a change we've got a lovely day up here on the North East coast of England. When I woke up this morning and saw the blue sky and bit of breeze my mind immediately sprang to my washing baskets-which are at this moment in time empty :-D. With two little kids and a husband it won't stay that way for long, but for the next few hours I am bragging. It's the next bit I don't like.

Here's today's card,


I'm entering this card into the May Flowers challenge at Saturated Canary and also the Shabby Chic with Inspirational Photo at Little Darlings. I've coloured Springtime in with distress inks, with a hint of stickles.


The paper is from Maya Design and I've distressed the edges with walnut stain. The lace, pearls and flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and I think the ribbon is from the Ribbon Girl, I'm about to hunt for more so I may have to amend my post.


I've just mastered colouring with the Distress Ink Markers so I'm off to colour a load of images in, and then bring all of my washing in-I've even got a load out at my mam's house.

Hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the image and the gorgeous soft colours that you have used...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky
    lovely card, & you have coloured it in to perfection, you are soooooooo talented mastering the distress ink markers so quickly, only wish I had your skills. Perhaps IF you get some time to yourself, you could give a Tutorial on HOW to do it. On a serious note, I think I am going to have to stop visiting your lovely blog, as you/your creations are going to get me into trouble. After seeing your lovely card the other day with "Summer Flower Fairy", I JUST HAD to buy her, (even though I am supposed to NOT be buying any stamps at the moment), now after seeing "Springtime" on your card today, I am JUST going to have to buy her. As my little granddaughter says OH OH Nanny you'll be in BIG trouble with Grandpop lol.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh, Becky, this is gorgeous!!! I adore Krista's images and you did a superb job coloring and showcasing this beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky its been a gorgeous day here to, and yes Ive been washing like a loony to, still not got empty baskets though, thank the teenage daughter for that :-) lol
    Gorgeous card, this is one of fav images from the new release, its beautiful and you have coloured it beautifully. Love the lush papers, just ordered my 2nd pad!
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow hun! I am slowly warming to these SC images, but this one is gorrrrrrrrrgeous, and your colourwork is simply stunning. Impressed that you did it with the DMs, heck if I can get the hang of them yet. Any hints and tips most welcome. Hugs Sxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blast, just lost the comment, thanks Blogger. Let's try again! S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G hunny - I am slowly warming to the SC images but this one is gorrrrrrrrrrrgeous and your colourwork is amazing. Well done on getting to grips with the DMs (any hints and tips would be most welcome). Brilliant. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, it's gorgeous
    BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowww, what a beauty with a lovely stamp. Nice coloring.

    Hugs Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a superb card becky,,love the kirsts image so beautifully coloured fabulous hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Becky! Love your colouring with those pens! Thanks for entering at SC hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card becky i want to try distress inks but they scare me i have bought the inks but have to pluck up the courage to try them lol sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiyah becky!
    oh hun I just don't know where to start because this is just one stunner of a card! its all over gorgeous!!
    thank you so much for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a beautiful card Becky. I love the softness of the colours that you achieve with the distress markers.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Becky, this card is STUNNING! Such a beautiful image from Krista, but wow, you've really made the best of it! Sumptuous card, beautifully coloured, stunning papers! Joining your blog today on the strength of it! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete