Followers

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Flip Flop Tilda

Hi everyone,

Wednesday again, so that means another challenge at Midweek Magnolias, and this week we want to see a big white space. I must admit I found this a bit daunting, but as I've said before challenges are supposed to be challenging, lol. In the end I opted to have a bit of DP around the edge, and a large plain embossed area in the middle.


I've coloured Flip Flop Tilda with distress inks, I don't think there's a Tilda in this collection that I don't like. Mind you, I think she's getting a bit risque in her old age, her skirts are getting shorter, look how much thigh she's showing here, lol.


The paper is from Magnolia, the inside of the card has been decorated to match the front. The flowers and seam binding are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


Pop over to Midweek Magnolias and have a look at the truly amazing creations the girls have come up with.

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Great card my lovely. I know what you mean, I find it so hard to have a large area of white on my cards, I think you have done a lovely job ;-D Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card today becky and thanks for tutorial sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Becky. Love the design papers and again your colouring is outstanding.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky
    lovely card, I think you have made an excellent job of the challenge, you would never know that it had daunted you. Like you I like/love most of this collection (hence why I have broken my ban of NOT buying any stamps at the moment) lol, I adore her little flip flops, BUT I am going to be very good & not buy her rotfl.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word Becky this is just wonderful and such a great take on the theme!! It was so daunting wasn't it can't tell you how long mine took!!! Think I ended up with brain freeze! Love Chanelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, this is just absolutely gorgeous!! I really struggle with big white spaces and mine took me an age to complete, even though there's hardly anything on it!! LOL! I think you did an amazing job - I wish I'd thought to use some dp to break mine up a bit! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete