Followers

Sunday 22 May 2011

Explore Tilda

Hello everyone,

A few posts ago I mentioned that we were going away for our anniversary, we went to Venice last weekend and it was brilliant. This was our first time away without kids since we were married (the children came before the marriage), so it was essentially our honeymoon too! If you are thinking of going I would wholeheartedly recommend staying on Lido, Venice is a short water bus ride away and you get to stay away from the hussle and bustle of Venice, and there is a beach.

Well anyway, back to my post. I must start off by singing the praises of the service from Bunny Zoes Crafts, I saw on Facebook on Monday that these new stamps were due to be released so I ordered a few. The release date was then announced as being Friday 20th, and I had them in my little hand and was inking them up be dinnertime on Saturday, superb service-thanks Nikki.


I bought a few of the new Maggies, but had to make a card with this one first. My daughter is almost 4 and taking after me is quite the tomboy. She likes nothing better than to turn rocks over in the garden and look for bugs, quite often bringing them in for me to see. I'm OK with most of her findings, but cannot fathom out how she manages to hold spiders, that is one feeling that really gives me the heebeejeebee's, euck their horrible little legs....


I hope you can see by this pic that I've clear embossed the magnifying glass to try and make it look like glass, and the picket fence, doohickey die has been covered in clear crackle glaze to try and look like old paint. I've used copics to colour her in: Hair; EE50, E53 and E55, Skin; E0000, E000, E00, E11 and R20, Jeans; B91, B93, B95 and B97, Top; E40, E41, E42, E43 and E44 and her ribbons are RV63 and RV66 and I can't remember the colours of the bugs etc. Ive used pion design papers from dies to die for. Ive used some of my new Doohickey dies too, the new swirl and the butterfly and some of the new colour roses from Wild Orchid Crafts.



I'd like to enter this into Just Magnolia and hAnglar stAnglar challenge, a sketch.



Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend

8 comments:

  1. What a delightful card, Becky! Now I'm sad that I did not order this particular Tilda.....sigh!!!! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky,
    Teeth eh!!
    Glad you enjoyed Venice :))
    Funny I bought some new Tilda's from Bunny Zoe's. And I agree they were super fast in arriving!! I am just colouring garden Tilda this afternoon.
    Wonderful card,love the gate!!
    And that you have clear embossed her magnifying glass!
    Your colouring is gorgeous!
    Love, Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky this is a gorgeous card. She is such a cutie and I love your fence and flowers. Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! I love it! I have to get this Tilda :)

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! Your card has blown me away!!!! How very, very cute! LOVE this image (it's on its way to my house too). Love how you used the fence and the papers are totally cute!
    Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is gorgeous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card Becky, love the pretty scene and beautifully coloured!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AMAZING! Your cards are lovely. Hard to believe you are a new card-maker. You're a natural!

    Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia and hAngler this week.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete