Followers

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hopespun

Hi everyone,

I told you I had some exciting news, and here it is. Midweek Magnolias were hunting for a guest DT, which of course I was interested in, well Anne e-mailed me and asked me if instead of a GDT spot did I want a permanent spot, and of course the answer had to be yes!! So I am now the newest member of the Midweek Magnolia's DT, yay!!!

Challenges are called challenges for a reason, and well the theme this week is 'Homespun', and I didn't have the foggiest, so with a little help from my teamies I interpreted it as 'Country Cottage Chic', so flowers, distressing and natural fibre seemed the way to go.


Here's my interpretation of the theme. I've coloured Tilda in with distress inks and used paper from Magnolia and K&Co. I've used a distress tool to distress the edges of the DP and I've distressed the other edges with Walnut Stain and gold pen.


I've stitched the edges using that gorgeous top stitch thread from the Ribbon Girl, the twine is also from there. It's just hit me, I've made a card with no lace OR ribbon, and I'm not sure how, lol!!! I've used the colours in the paper to match my flowers too, which are from Wild Orchid Craft, and I was able to use quite a few colours.


The fence die is from Magnolia.

Pop over and join us for this weeks challenge, where there is a mystery prize from Magnolia Sweden for the winner.

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. aw how cute is she i love your cards becky there all just adorable ..i coulkd spend all day going through your blog ....again !!! hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky
    HUMONGOUS CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a D.T. for Midweek Magnolias (although I'm not in the least bit surprised that they asked you to join them) as your cards are so lovely. I love the way that you have interpreted homespun, your card has a real homely look about it. The gingham reminds me of some kitchen curtains I used to have in my kitchen, many many moons ago (showing my age now) lol.
    We have just returned from our trip to the forest, we are just home for today and then we are off to France for 8 days (to take care of 4 of our grankids) while their Mummy & Papa go off to America, for a little (well earned) break. You may wonder WHY is she telling me all this lol, reason being IF I am absent for a while, you will know that I may be a LITTLE busy & not able to look/comment on your blog, I WILL return rotfl.
    hugs
    Sandra (craftynan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Becky i love all of the pretty details Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Congratulations!! You're work is beautiful so it just makes sense you should be on the DT!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is extraordinarily stunning, Becky! Love your coloring of this adorable Tilda! Congratulations on your wonderful news....they know talent when they see it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky, I am so delighted that you've joined us over at Midweek Magnolias DT. Your work is always outstanding and this sweet card is delicious. Welcome on board hon.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done lovely|! No suprise yoru 1st DT card for MM is a corker :-) Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky, Congratulations on your well deserved DT post, your work is inspirational.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun, wow congrats, your card is so gorgeous, lovely detail and colouring, enjoy! hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete