Followers

Monday 6 June 2011

My First Boy Card

Hi Again,

I got a few images coloured yesterday and had time to sit and imagine some cards in my head, so with a day off today I've managed to run off a couple of cards as well as going grocery shopping, having a walk around the sea front and having an impromptu BBQ, lol.

It's my Uncles birthday tomorrow, so here is my first 'boy' card which is for my Uncle Rob, whom I call 'Unc' in e-mails and on facebook.


I'm entering this in lovely haenglar only, where there is a sketch to follow

and this is the sketch. I'm also entering it into Just Magnolia and hAnglar stAnglar challenge where anything goes.



This is my first proper effort at a mans card, and I'm actually quite pleased with it. Although with no sparkly stuff, ribbons or flowers it didn't seem finished, lol. My hAnglar kite flier is coloured in with copics, and the flags and sentiment have all been done using whimsy stamps and dies using the invaluable template for the die.

That's all from me today, I'm off to practice how to colour with distress inks as I really love the effect and colours achieve this way and as yet I'm still trying to master it. So any hints or tips are appreciated, even if it's just a pointer to a blog with a tutorial or a video on you tube, lol.

Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Wat een schitterende kaart heb je gemaakt.

    Groetjes van Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey Becky... you've been busy today!!
    I love that hanglar image!!!
    I keep meaning to colour him up,but I am not very good with boy cards.
    Your card is wonderful!
    WOW your very good at Men's cards,your unc will love it!
    Tips on distress inks.. good watercolour paper
    140lb and smooth.
    flat brushes number 1, 0 and 00. If you can find some! round if you can't.
    Add the colour a little at a time, and try to let it dry a little before you add more.
    Do small areas at a time.
    Hope this helps a little.
    Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mel, I'll see what brushes I can find and then try again. Glad your tooth is sorted, I've got root canal round 2 on Thursday hopefully that'll be it but may need to go back :( x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi becky ,i love your card i am really rubbish at boys cards so i stay well away !! i love what you have done with the sketch those whimsy dies look great have fun practising your inks although he is looking pretty good !! thanks for joining us at lovely hAnglar this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking at the challenge on Lovely Hanglar and spotted your card. I love the way you have added the flags across the bottom - very effective. I have just started a blog too, so I know what it is like initially. My blog is Rhodidodisramblings.blogspot.com if you wish to have a wee look! Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous!
    An adorable image, lovely details and beautiful colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at JM / HS.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...your boy-card is so adorable...wonderful colors and details :0)))

    Thanks for playing with us at lho ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your card is just wonderful! I love it!

    Thanks for joining us at "lovely hÄnglar only",

    hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete