Followers

Saturday 26 March 2011

Red, White and Black/Grey

First off hello to my third follower Mel, thanks for following.

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post! I started to colour this cutie last Sunday, and as I type the glue isn't quite dry, lol! It's not for lack of inspiration, lack of time has been the problem, such a hectic life.

I saw this challenge Red, white, black/grey with the option to use buttons and immediately wanted to colour a Hanglar image in greys, this is a colour scheme I like doing-I just never get to put it on any cards. Although, I showed it to Hubby and he thought it was rather morbid until I explained the challenge.



I've coloured the image in using the cool grey copics, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, and C9. She's been carefully cut out and place on a nestie cut circle on a die-namics dainty lace doily which has been cut out of the most gorgeous stargem glitter paper. You can't see in the photo's just how gorgeous this paper is.


The black lace is from wildorchidcrafts.



The black pins have had black glitter stuck on it, wish I had german glass glitter, it is on my wish list.

The inside of the card has been decorated to compliment the front. The papers are from my stash, I couldn't believe I had so many black ones to choose frm. Although, I didn't have any suitable flowers so I've made my own roses which have some Martha Stewart leaves punched out of that grogeous glitter paper.

Night shift for me tonight, I hope the people coming in in the morning change their clocks as after 9 years of on-call I've eventually got the little shift, yay!!!

Have a lovely weekend,

8 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    WOW I love your hanglar card!! Your colouring is wonderful!
    Fab card,just love it.
    Mel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...what a wonderful card...I like the coloring of the image in grey tones :0)))

    Thanks for playing with us at lho ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this card is gorgeous I love grey images, mono is one of mmy faves & this is just fantastic hun your colouring is brilliant.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card Becky! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining us at LHO

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Fabulous card! Inside & Out! LOve your colours.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really clever - I love the mono look but never seem to be able to get it right! How did you manage to get the different tones and shades? Gorgeous! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous hAnglar cutie! I agree with Tracey, ...love the mono look!!!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your lovely comments, I'm so pleased to say I came second in the challenge, YAY!!
    Tracey, practice and practice is all I can say, lol. But, what I do do is when I do each 'part' i.e. face, hair and clothes I just colour as I would with the colours but instead I use C0-C9, and keep going over till you get the effect you need.
    Thank you all again, enjoy the rest of your weekend, I've just got up after my nightshift to a lovely sunny day here in the North East ;)
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete